Thursday, January 12, 2012

Let's Worship


What do I mean by HIS glory?

“Whether therefore you eat, or drink, or whatsoever you do, do all to the glory of God.” (I Corinthians 10:31)

Glory (δόξα dox'-ah) is defined as:  
- Honor, praise, worship.
 
Honor is having great respect and admiration.
Praise is expressing (word, song, etc) that great respect and admiration.
Worship is a devoted life that gives God what he deserves…EVERYTHING!!

Paul wrote in Romans 12:1
“I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.”

The word service (λατρεία lat-ri'-ah) literally means: 
worship: - (divine) service.

So, what does it mean to do all for HIS glory?

It means that I have a great respect and admiration for my Lord; I express that respect and admiration through prayer, singing, etc; and I have a daily worship service that consist of mortifying my flesh, presenting my body as a living sacrifice, and being holy as He is holy!

Let's Worship Today!!


Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment