Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Why I love my kids playing on my phone!!



My wife is very structured in “electronics time” for our children.  The time they have to play on electronics is predetermined, giving them this time to look forward to that they will be able to pick a form of electronics to enjoy.

One of the things I initially did not prefer was when I decided to allow them, periodically, to play games on my phone.  They would download Subway Surfers, or some other game, and then I would get these little annoying updates that would, for some reason, cause me grief.  I would delete the entire game, and clean my phone of potentially annoying things in my life.

However, I had an epiphany which changed my whole outlook on these little games.  This morning as I was in my staff meeting, one of these little annoying reminders “popped” up for an update or something regarding a game my son played on my phone; usually when this happens, I’m like, “really….”, and move on to delete the game.  However, this morning was different.  I saw the update, pictured my little boy playing this game with joy on his face, thanked God for allowing me to be a part of his life, and prayed for my son. 

I am now thankful for these little game updates that “pop up” on my phone.  I am reminded to pray for my kids, picture them in my thoughts, and thank the Lord for being able to be a part of their lives, and pray to be a better father to them.

What are things in your life, parents, that remind you to pray and think about your children? I would like to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment